Who is a Service Technician?
The Service Technician role is responsible for all aspects of repair and maintenance of our Clubs. Specializing in either Fitness Equipment or Facility repair, this role works to ensure the highest function of all aspects of both member-facing and associate areas. This role is also responsible for reporting on work progress and completion and communicating with managers across all clubs.
- Perform general building maintenance repairs, i.e., plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general carpentry, painting, drywall repair, locks, and preventative maintenance (PM) work.
- Maintain, repair, and perform tasks for all fitness equipment in the gym
- Basic repair/maintenance of plumbing/ electrical
- Replace overhead lamps in both incandescent and fluorescent overhead lighting fixtures and replace lighting ballasts as necessary
- Perform service and repairs across multiple locations
- Utilize maintenance software to obtain service requests
- Prioritize work according to department mandates, and plan schedule for club visits to maximize efficiency.
- Create service requests to supplement input from Club staff to ensure all issues are tracked and repaired.
- Report on work progress and completion
- Apply service notes and costs, plus status updates to individual work orders for visibility across departments
- Initiates updates with Club General Managers and support staff so they have a clear picture of outstanding issues.
- Practices safe working habits at all times.
- Follow all health & safety best practices when carrying out service and maintenance
- One (1) year of relevant experience.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions from a manual.
- Must have good communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Basic skills with hand and some power tools required.
- Being able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions during shift.
- Adaptable to changing work methods and flexibility during the workday is required.
- Reliable transportation is required.
What We Offer
- Positive, rewarding, and a collaborative team environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Complimentary club membership
- Discount on Evolution Fitness products and services
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a
complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may
be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.