- Teach a variety of classes including cardio kickboxing, HIIT, boot camps, spin, yoga, and Mossa program.
- Arrive at the class location 10 to 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time to be available to interact with members, answer questions, inquire about their fitness progress, and introduce and orient new participants.
- Inquire if there are any “first-time” users in the group, if so assess their fitness level in a private manner.
- Ensure all verbal instructions are clear and the volume, tempo, music, and overall atmosphere are approachable to hearing, teaching, learning, and having fun.
- Continually monitor participants to ensure all participants are using the correct form.
- Offer different variations of the routine to make sure all fitness levels are accommodated.
- Being responsible for instructing classes within certain guidelines and ensuring all equipment being used is safe for all members to use at all times, Dismantle all audio and equipment used after use.
- Encouraging members to try new group fitness classes is always a bonus!
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience instructing group fitness classes
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques, group exercise principles, basic physiology, and body mechanics
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and influence individuals
- Professional, organized, efficient, result-focused, and self-starter
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment
- Group Fitness Certification by BCRPA, ACE, AFAA, ACSM, or equivalent
- A current CPR certification
What We Offer
- Positive, rewarding, and a collaborative team environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Complimentary club membership
- Discount on Evolution Fitness products and services
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.