What is a General Manager?
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for all activities in our club that impact our members, people, and stakeholders. While the GM is required to be a hands-on operator, it is equally important that responsibilities for the successful operation of the business are delegated to an AGM and/or supervisor to ensure the most effective use of your time. The day-to-day operations include, but are not limited to, allocating budgeted resources, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring great customer service, executing administration processes, engaging with vendors, and training employees and management teams.
The GM will report directly to the owner or designate.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit or organization. Ensure the organization’s policies and procedures are executed.
- Hire, train, coach, and manage employee performance in consultation with your management team. • Ensuring your actions are consistent with our corporate values
- Participate in the creation of and ensure implementation of the approved strategy designed to grow the business. • Ensure the development and execution of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives. • Evaluate and make recommendations on key investments in equipment.
- Report key results to investors. (Reporting defined: means not having to be asked!)
- Ensure the club is achieving sales goals.
Do you have what it takes? (Pride, Passion, and “Discipline”)
- Passion for Fitness
- 2+ years in a management role
- Proven success in leading, training, and motivating teams
- Strong sales and customer service background
- Success in exceeding individual and team sales goals
- Previous management experience in the fitness industry is an asset
- Must be committed to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development including hands-on training, classroom training, and e-learning • Competitive Salary and bonus potential
- Group health care plans
- Fun, energetic, and positive atmosphere to come to every day!
- Opportunity for advancement
- Gym Membership