What is an Assistant General Manager?
Assistant General Managers (AGM) strive to ensure that guests of Evolution Fitness MPQ receive extraordinary customer service. AGMs are also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the club they get to help manage. Efficiency is a priority. The overall focus of the position is to execute and amplify the ever-evolving experience members have at each of the three Evolution Fitness MPQ locations in Regina to increase customer loyalty and retention by exceeding guest expectations.
What will you be doing? (including but not limited to the following)
- In collaboration with the General Manager, you will assist in the efficient and profitable operation of the club • Recruit and train new hires so they are confident and successful in their position
- Coach, Teach and train personnel on an ongoing basis to ensure all policies and procedures are implemented as defined
- Maintain schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of the front desk, including approving/declining time-off requests.
- Being on-call during gym hours to answer questions or correct issues staff may have.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Ensure that front desk systems are being used and that established policies and procedures are being followed, including such things as, member check-in, new member enrollment, overdue accounts, amenities, etc. • Retain members while communicating about the cancellation policy
- Enforce and demonstrates by example, all Evolution Fitness MPQ values, policy, and procedures.
Do you have what it takes? (Pride, Passion, and “Discipline”)
- Excellent communications skills
- Be able to multitask
- Excellent troubleshooting and time management
- Must always display a positive attitude, while owning the actions of your team
- Management/Team Lead experience in a front desk/customer service (mandatory)
- Availability during regular hours of gym operations (as well as weekends as needed).
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development including hands-on training, classroom training, and e-learning • Competitive Salary with potential for bonus
- Group health care plan
- Opportunity for advancement